Svendsen's Rigging is currently located in the Alameda Marina, and will be moving to join the boatyard in June of 2018.
Experience and Innovation
Trusted since 1963, Svendsen's Rigging has been the cornerstone of performance and recreational sailing circuits. Their knowledge and experience with layout and design optimization of standing rigging, running rigging, and sail choice have carried them to the forefront of rigging in the San Francisco Bay Area and abroad.
When the race crew continually comes back to us for upgrades, we listen. The Svendsen's Rigging team takes their profession seriously; we know that safety matters and every ounce counts towards the finish line. From optimization of polars to identifying weight reduction in carbon fiber applications, our team is dedicated to the continuous pursuit of wind driven speed.
Cruising the San Francisco Bay can be beautiful; don't let your rig hold you back. Our team consults boat owners and full time world cruisers on all aspects of their rig and associated hardware. We support all ages and forms of sailing. Trust your rig, and bring your boat to Svendsen's Rigging to see how we can help.
- 3 and 12 strand
- 8 plait
- Polyester double braid
- Rope to chain windlass splice
- Excel fusion taper
- End to end splice
- Eye splice
- Cover and no cover splicing
- Back splicing
- Wire, Rod, and Carbon Fiber Standing Rigging
- Hydraulic and inert gas cylinder replacement and rebuilds
- Rotary and hydraulic swag
- Rod heading and cold press
- Nico Press Crimp
- Navtec, Harken, Selden, Lewmar, and Leisure Furl approved facility
- Sail plan, choice, troubleshooting, and optimization
- Lifelines Replacement and custom design layouts
- Full mast un-step and step services
- On-site 15 ton crane services up to 50 ft. masts
- Off-site 15, 30, and 90 ton crane services